All of our 4-year-old classrooms will participate in a computer technology class each week.
|(C) Centerville Baptist Preschool 908 Centerville Turnpike, South Chesapeake, Virginia 23322 757.482.7595
|4 YEAR OLD CLASSES
Monday, Wednesday, Friday OR Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - noon
The semi-structured program activities provide opportunities for children to explore and
discover ideas and concepts to help make the transition to kindergarten. Early academics focus
on introduction of phonics, math, science, social studies, music and art.
Thematic classrooms will incorporate academic lessons into the theme unit.
- Having fun with language: listening to stories,
poems; making up stories and rhymes
- Participating in group activities
- Being sensitive to others
- Creating and experiencing collaborative play
- Attempting to resolve social conflict with words
- Acting upon movement directions
- Developing melody
- Series, order, patterns
- Comparative numbers
- Positions, directions,
- Comparing time intervals